Contact

Sunday 19 March 2017

My Top Five...


There's nothing I enjoy more than getting dolled up and pretending I'm fancy and when you add food into the equation then I am completely in my element. That being said I thought I would share with you some places I have loved in London.

I love love LOVE afternoon tea. It makes me feel very fancy and it is a lovely way to have a girly catch up. Last year I had afternoon tea at the Ritz and I think its something you need to do at least once. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. Once seated we were given the option of a glass of champagne and got to sit back and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and the man playing the piano in the background. The food was gorgeous and seemed to be unlimited as they kept bringing us more (by the end I thought they'd have to roll me out of there, I was that full!)

One thing that can make dinner better and that's dinner with a view! (you'll see this is a recurring theme in this post) This restaurant ticked all the boxes. The view across London was beautiful (we went at night) It was a tad pricey but the food was delicious and the portion size was actually decent (unlike some of these fancy places and their portion sizes fit for a mouse and nothing larger)

My friend treated me to afternoon tea here last October- We walked down the riverside from Waterloo to the restaurant in the pouring rain, we go there looking like drowned rats (not so glam) but it was so worth it. The menu was different to what you'd expect of afternoon tea but it worked! It had such a lovely atmosphere in there and I can imagine if it wasn't a grey and horrible day, you'd be able to sit in the outside area and enjoy the view along the Thames.

Situated on the 39th and 40th floor, this restaurant has different deals all the time so the menu varies. When I went in January we could choose from a set menu- The food came out very quickly and was gorgeous and once you have finished your meal you are given the option to go up to the 40th floor (which is a bar area) for drinks. It is here that you can see spectacular views over London as you are situated in the roof of the Gherkin so you have a 360 degree view of London.

5. Afternoon Tea at Tower 42
Vertigo 42 is a Champagne bar situated on the 42nd floor of Tower 42. We went for afternoon tea there last month and after an ear popping lift ride going up, the views were to die for. We went late in the afternoon so we had the joy of seeing the sun setting on the city which was indescribable. Each seat faced a window and written on each table was a landmark you were facing. The food was lovely (not as filling as others though) and a glass of Champagne was included in our deal (my friend found a deal on groupon so it was affordable)

Do you have any places to recommend in London?
I'd love to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment